Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox

The Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox is a 12-day program. It was developed by the Wild Rose College and Holistic Clinic, which was started by Terry Willard, Ph.D. (http://www.wrc.net/).

Many people use it, for many reasons. I like it because there is so much that you can eat! It's no crazy cabbage soup diet/cleanse. I'm not looking to be rigidly strict with it - my main aim is to change my lifestyle and improve my eating habits. Extending the plan beyond the initial 12 days is something I will also do as I make other changes to my lifestyle. As Terry Willard says in the book that accompanies the program, and also an old addage, "Out with the old and in with the new."

If you bought the cleanse and didn't get the cookbook as part of the kit - head back to the store and purchase the book. The recipes in it will help you get through. Especially if you're like me - willing to eat some of these veggies, but no idea how to cook them without some of the seasonings you are used to.

I plan on doing several things to renew myself over the course of this program:
- not watching the news
- concentrating on getting enough sleep (not sure yet whether than it 7 or 8 hours/day)
- defrost my freezer and clean out my fridge
- sort/file/shred/toss all of my paperwork
- getting re-acquainted with cooking
- changing how I purchase food, not living my prairie heritage of hoarding food - always have goods in the house - whether canned or frozen. Shop, prepare and eat fresh food daily

So... I will share some of the recipes that I enjoy on here, hopefully to add to someone else's experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment